You are here
Rockies by Rail - Roundtrip from Winnipeg Manitoba
6 days - 5 nights Canadian Rail Tour Package
Independent departures from Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada with the train's scheduled departure on Thursday or Saturdays from May 1 - October 31 to enjoy the roundtrip Winnipeg-Jasper portion of this world renowned rail journey.
A 6 day independent travel package, where we look after all the details for you, to enjoy the roundtrip Winnipeg-Jasper rail journey and 3 nights in the heart of the Canadian Rockies and the mountain town of Jasper Alberta. Featuring the rail journey on VIA's CANADIAN in a bedroom cabin, to Jasper and back, as well as a 3 night stay in a Jasper Alberta hotel and a tour to the Columbia Icefield and scenic Icefields Parkway Highway. Also enjoying your time in Jasper to view the Canadian Rocky Mountains and explore from the bottom, the Maligne Canyon and to the top of Whistlers Mountain. Experience a total of 2 days/nights on the train, in Sleeping Car Touring Class, viewing Canada's incredible scenery (Canadian Rockies by daylight) and all meals on the train.
Starting June 1 to late October the train will feature one of Canada’s premiere rail cars for scenic mountain viewing called a Panoramic Coach Dome Car. This car will be included on the train between Edmonton to Vancouver, in both directions, and passengers in Sleeping Car Touring Class can have access to this car for unequalled views of the Canadian Rockies and Coastal Mountains in British Columbia’s lower mainland.
WHAT THE TOUR INCLUDES:
* DAY 1 - Thursday/Saturday Start your Western Canada rail tour from the train's Mid-way point the City of Winnipeg. Begin at Winnipeg's Union Station where, the tour info kit we will assemble for you, includes a voucher for admission to the volunteer operated Winnipeg Railway Museum located right inside the station. This large museum features the first steam locomotive on the Canadian Prairies called "The Countess of Dufferin" and numerous other pieces of rail equipment and displays related to the regions rail heritage. Departing Winnipeg the train travels through western Manitoba and into the Province of Saskatchewan. Reading along with the route guide we provide for you, with your camera in hand, you will be ready to photograph the meandering Assiniboine River as part of the Qu'Appelle Valley system from the Uno Trestle. See a grand prairie sunset over dinner before the attendant makes up your bed and you retire to your room for the night.
* DAY 2 - Friday/Sunday Awake to the Provincial Capital of Alberta The City of Edmonton. PANORAMIC COACH DOME CAR will be added to the train in Edmonton for the passengers in Sleeping Car Touring Class. Enjoy breakfast and lunch on the train (included) and travel through the Canadian Rockies by daylight to arrive in Jasper, AB, to depart the train, and introduce yourself to this mountain town and overnight at a hotel steps away from the train station here in the heart of the Canadian Rockies.
* DAY 3 - Saturday/Monday You will enjoy a personalized tour, starting from the door of your hotel, of the Icefield Parkway that is considered one of the most scenic drives on earth. On this tour you will enjoy stops to view Athabasca, Sunwapta and Tangle Falls. At the Columbia Icefield, from spring, through summer and into the fall, Brewster's Ice Explorer Tour of the Columbia Glacier is included. Specially designed and built vehicles allow you to ride right on the Athabasca Glacier itself. Following your day trip enjoying the Icefield Parkway you will be returned to the entrance of your hotel. Your itinerary will show you how to take part in the Heritage Walking Tour of Jasper before returning to your comfortable hotel room for the night.
* DAY 4 - Sunday/Tuesday You have the opportunity to experience the Rockies from the bottom, Maligne Canyon, to the top and the Whistler Mountain tramway with our suggested tour providers that our clients have enjoyed in the past. The package also includes admission to the "Jasper Wildlife Museum" where you will learn about the many types of wildlife that live in Jasper National Park and the area. You can also shop the many gift stores and boutiques before returning to your comfortable hotel room for the night.
* DAY 5 - Monday/Wednesday The following day will be your last chance to enjoy the shops and boutiques along Connaught Ave before boarding the eastbound Canadian to again view the Rockies from the train, as well as enjoy lunch and dinner onboard the train and spend the night in your reserved sleeping car's room/cabin.
* DAY 6 - Tuesday/Thursday Awake to view the province of Saskatchewan and quaint prairie towns. Later in the day view the meandering Assiniboine River as part of the Qu'Appelle Valley and the prairies of Manitoba. You will enjoy breakfast lunch and dinner on the train before arriving back in Winnipeg early this evening.
Let our knowledge of Canada's world renowned rail journey work for you. Those who reserve with us receive an industry leading detailed travel information kit with route guides, tickets, hotel check in vouchers, suggestion on attractions, sights and activities, maps info and more. Our detailed final itinerary has hints and suggestions for the benefit of your trip that we have learned over the years in our experience and listening to our customers. We look forward to sharing our passion for Canada by rail when you travel with us...
Pricing Details - Rockies by Rail Winnipeg Roundtrip in Canadian Dollars:
|Per Person Double||Single|
|May 1 - May 30||$2,695||$3,095|
|June 1 - October 15*||$3,295||$3,795|
*Limited Availability Summer Rate
June 1 - Oct 15 P/P Double: $2,795 Single: $3,495
To check availability on specific dates and RESERVE YOUR SPACE from anywhere in North America call us toll free 1-866-704-3528
* A $250.00 per person deposit is required to hold space and can be processed with Visa MasterCard or Agency Cheque
* Price above is shown in Canadian Dollars prior to the Canadian Federal 5% sales tax called the GST. Trips that take place where HST is applicable will be applied to your invoice.
* Additional pre-tour and post tour hotel stays can be included.
* Balance of tour cost to be paid 60 days before your departure.
* Not be responsible for late bookings if train or hotel space is sold out, highly recommend reserving early guaranteeing your travel dates.
* Complete itineraries and travel information kit featuring hotel check inn vouchers will not be sent in advance.
* Questions can be answered by emailing us or call toll free 1-866-704-3528