You are here
Hudson Bay, Boats & Belugas - 7 Days 6 Nights - Winnipeg - Churchill - Weekly Summer Departures
Churchill Summer Experience
7 days - 6 nights Northern Manitoba Rail Tour Package
Independent departures from Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada starting on Sundays or Tuesdays.
The Arctic is easily accessible to you on this travel package including roundtrip rail travel on VIA Rail's Winnipeg to Churchill Manitoba previously known as the HUDSON BAY where we look after all the details for you. Enjoy the scenery of Northern Manitoba by rail, the Beluga Whales of The Churchill River (Early - Mid June focus on birding, Floe ice or Dog Sled and Beluga Whales focus in July & August), visit Fort Prince of Wales, the scenic shoreline of Hudson Bay and community of Churchill (2 night hotel stay) with its attractions, shopping and more. Freshly prepared meals (Breakfast, lunch & Dinner) on the train as part of our package are also included. The package, along with our detailed information kit, itinerary, hotel vouchers and route guide features the following:
WHAT THE TOUR INCLUDES:
* Day 1 - Sunday/Tuesdays Morning check in at the station with your bags and admission to the Winnipeg Railway Museum to learn about the building of the rail line to Churchill and Manitoba's rail history at this attraction that is right in the same station you will depart from.. Mid-Day departure from Winnipeg on VIA's Winnipeg to Churchill train in your reserved sleeping car space and enjoy the passing scenery of the prairies and Riding Mountain National Park. VIA Rail's chefs will prepare fresh for you both lunch and dinner on the train as part of the package. The route travels just over the border into the province of Saskatchewan before returning to Manitoba on a Northerly direction towards Hudson Bay. You can follow the trains direction with the detailed route guide and maps we provide you in your info kit, some of the train you are on and the places you will pass. Overnight on the train
* Day 2 - Monday/Wednesdays This morning you awake to breakfast being prepared in the dining car and outside the train different views of the boreal forest and Canadian Shield. Stretch your legs on the platform in Thompson Manitoba before continuing north through isolated communities only accessible by this train. Make sure you have your camera ready as the train passes bird sanctuaries, large lakes and vast forests along the way all noted in the route guide we provide for you. Lunch and dinner will also be enjoyed on the train and overnight in your sleeping car space as the passing trees outside get smaller and smaller.
* Day 3 - Tuesday/Thursdays This morning the view outside your window on the train has changed again as you overlook the Tundra as you get close to the shores of Hudson Bay. Enjoy breakfast on the train and arrive in Churchill to be greeted and taken, along with your luggage, to your centrally located hotel. This afternoon you will also get orientated on a special tour of the town and Arctic Coast region, including the historic Cape Merry, to learn some history and be shown where the best shopping and attractions are located in this unique northern community. Overnight at the only all amenity hotel in Churchill that features, clean and comfortable rooms, restaurants, lounge, free internet access and more that our guests in the past have really enjoyed.
* DAY 4 - Wednesday/Fridays Awake well rested to enjoy A better part of the day b( departure time set by the tide times) that will be dedicated to viewing both the Beluga Whales, by boat, of the Churchill River and visit the Prince of Wales Fort. There might also be some free time to visit the Eskimo Museum or Parks Canada Interpretive Centre both just steps away from your hotel. Overnight Churchill hotel
* DAY 5 - Thursday/Saturdays Today you have more time to enjoy Churchill and area on the tour we have arranged for you (given by locals who are passionate about their community) to travel outside this isolated community to see the coastline of Hudson Bay and learn about the 4 distinctive ecosystems here and the rich historical legacy of the area. You will also have some time to visit a few more attractions or last minute souvenir shopping prior transferring back to the station, in the early evening, and boarding the southbound train, before its departure, in your reserved sleeping car space. Overnight on the train
* DAY 6 - Friday/Sundays Travel day on the southbound train. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included for our guests. Make sure you have your camera ready as you cross high above the Nelson River. One of many sites you will see on the southbound train journey that you may have not seen previously when you came north on the train. Overnight on the train
* DAY 7 - Saturday/Mondays Awake this morning to the view outside your window of the fertile fields of the Red River valley (again enjoying the meals on the train) and Riding Mountain National Park before the train's scheduled arrival back in Winnipeg late afternoon.
Let our knowledge of Canada's world renowned rail journey work for you. Those who reserve with us receive an industry leading detailed travel information kit with route guides, tickets, well located hotels, a variety of attractions, sights and activities, maps, travel info and more. Our detailed final itinerary has hints and suggestions for the benefit of your trip that we have learned over the years in our experience and listening to our customers. We look forward to sharing our passion for Canada by rail when you travel with us...
Pricing Details - Hudson Bay, Boats & Belugas Roundtrip from Winnipeg Manitoba:
|Season & Train Space||Per Person Double||Single|
|June** 1 - August 31* (Semi Private)||$1,995||$2,245|
|June** 1 - August 31* (Train Room/Cabin)||$2,450||$2,675|
|June** 1 - Aug 31 (Train Room Upgrade)||$2,800||n/a|
**JUNE 1- 25 Features more of a focus on the birds of Churchill and will feature a Dog Sled (or Cart if there is no snow!) Experience if the boat tours on the Churchill River/Hudson Bay are not available. Very unique are the Floe Ice tour(s) from industrial quality inflatable boats that begin approximately mid June (dependent on the weather) where some Belugas may be seen. Please note that the Fort Prince of Wales is not available for these tours until after July 1. Dome car plans to be part of the train from late June to Mid -August and when VIA Rail confirms the final dates we plan to mention it here.
CONTACT US to RESERVE your space by EMAIL or in North America call us Toll Free 1-866-704-3528
* A $250.00 per person deposit is required to hold space and can be processed with Visa MasterCard or Agency Cheque
* Summer Bookings prior to May 31, receive priority but some space may still be sold out so book early.
* Price above is shown in Canadian Dollars prior to the Canadian Federal 5% sales tax called the GST.
* Additional pre-tour and post tour hotel stays in Winnipeg are HIGHLY recommended and can be easily booked by us at our partner hotel located across the street from the Winnipeg's train station.
* Not be responsible for late bookings if train or hotel space is sold out, highly recommend reserving early guaranteeing your travel dates.
* Complete itineraries and travel information kit featuring hotel check inn vouchers will not be sent in advance.*
* Questions can be answered by emailing us or call toll free 1-866-704-3528