You are here
Across Canada - Toronto - Jasper - Vancouver
9 days - 8 nights Canadian Rail Tour Package
Independent departures, every week, from Toronto, Ontario Canada starting any Monday or Wednesday. Or start your journey from Montreal, Quebec, Ottawa and Windsor, Ontario / Detroit, Michigan.
We look after all the details for you, on this 9 day – 8 night rail travel package, to enjoy this memorable world renowned Canadian rail journey. Planed with you in mind this trip featuring DELUXE hotels begins with your arrival in Toronto, Ontario every Monday or Wednesday, followed by the westward rail journey on VIA’s CANADIAN in a bedroom cabin, to Vancouver, B.C. The tour includes a 2 day and night visit to the mountain town of Jasper Alberta at a centrally located hotel with mountain views and a night’s stay at a classic railway hotel in each Toronto and Vancouver. Enjoying your time in Jasper you can explore the Canadian Rocky Mountains from the bottom, and the Maligne Canyon, to the top of Whistlers Mountain. Experience a total of 4 days/nights on the train, in Sleeping Car Touring Class, viewing Canada's incredible scenery (Canadian Rockies by daylight) and all meals on the train.
Scheduled to begin on May 1 to Mid October the train will feature one of Canada’s premiere rail cars for scenic mountain viewing called a Panoramic Coach Dome Car. This car will be included on the train between Edmonton to Vancouver, in both directions, and passengers in Sleeping Car Touring Class can have access to this car for unequaled views of the Canadian Rockies and Coastal Mountains in British Columbia’s lower mainland.
WHAT THE TOUR INCLUDES:
- DAY 1 - Monday/Wednesdays Will be your independent arrival into Toronto, Ontario giving you a chance to explore the city. Spend the night at a DELUXE 5 star classic railway hotel, located near many attractions and shopping areas and is across the street from the station.
- DAY 2 - Tuesday/Thursdays Today you can enjoy the City of Toronto. Attractions just steps away from your hotel include the world renowned CN Tower, the Hockey Hall of Fame, the shops of the St Lawrence Street Market and more. Or enjoy a cold beer after the Steam Whistle Brewery tour or see the cool waters filled with aquatic wildlife at the fantastic Ripley's Aquarium. Our detailed info kit provided to our guests will have more details and maps to assist with your visit here and all the places you will experience with us There are also many restaurants to choose from before you head to the station to board VIA’s westbound train The Canadian in your reserved room for your evening departure from Toronto. Once onboard enjoy a Bon Voyage reception before heading to your private room to find the bed prepared for the evening to enjoy the night on the train
- DAY 3 - Wednesday/Fridays Today you will continue to travel west in the province of Ontario and enjoy breakfast lunch & dinner (included) on the train. Travel through the scenic region of Northern Ontario featuring many lakes and rivers with isolated communities and fishing camps. Enjoy the trains lounge, activity and dome cars and again enjoy the night on the train.
- DAY 4 - Thursday/Saturday This morning the train arrives at the Province of Manitoba for an extended stop at the journey’s Mid-way point the City of Winnipeg. Here you will have time to visit attractions adjacent to the station including the Forks National Historic Site and Market where the Red & Assiniboine Rivers converge. As well, the tour info kit we will assemble for you will include a voucher for admission to the volunteer operated Winnipeg Railway Museum located right inside the station. This large museum features the first steam locomotive on the Canadian Prairies called “The Countess of Dufferin” and numerous other pieces of rail equipment and displays related to the regions rail heritage. Departing Winnipeg the train travels through western Manitoba and into the Province of Saskatchewan. Reading along with the route guide we provide for you, with your camera in hand, you will be ready to photograph the meandering Assiniboine River as part of the Qu’Appelle Valley system from the Uno Trestle. See a grand prairie sunset over dinner before the attendant makes up your bed and you retire to your room for the night.
- DAY 5 - Friday/Sunday Awake to the Provincial Capital of Alberta The City of Edmonton. PANORAMIC COACH DOME CAR will be added to the train in Edmonton for the passengers in Sleeping Car Touring Class. Enjoy breakfast and lunch/brunch on the train (included) and travel through the Canadian Rockies by daylight to arrive in Jasper, AB, to depart the train, and introduce yourself to this mountain town and overnight at a hotel steps away from the train station here in the heart of the Canadian Rockies.
- DAY 6 - Saturday/Monday You have the opportunity to experience the Rockies from the bottom, Maligne Canyon, to the top, Whistler Mountain with our suggested tour providers that our clients have enjoyed in the past. The package also includes admission to the “Jasper Wildlife Museum” where you will learn about the many types of wildlife that live in Jasper National Park and the area. You can also shop the many gift stores and boutiques before returning to your comfortable hotel room for the night.
- DAY 7 - Sunday/Tuesday The following day, after a restful stop of enjoying the scenery and mountain air in Jasper you will board the westbound Canadian to Vancouver and continue to view the Rockies from the train including the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies –Mt Robson and enjoy dinner in the diner and overnight on the train.
- DAY 8 - Monday/Wednesday Awake to have breakfast (included) traveling through the Fraser Valley before arriving Vancouver, to visit this city, and stay downtown at a DELUXE full amenity hotel located close to the train station and other attractions.
DAY 9 - Tuesday/Thursday Awake refreshed to enjoy breakfast included as part of your stay at the hotel we have arranged for you and either depart for home from the Vancouver Airport (flight cost not included) or reserve another day to view the sites of this great city.
Let our knowledge of Canada’s world renowned rail journey work for you. Those who reserve with us receive an industry leading detailed travel information kit with route guides, tickets, hotel check in vouchers, suggestion on attractions, sights and activities, maps info and more. Our detailed final itinerary has hints and suggestions for the benefit of your trip that we have learned over the years in our experience and listening to our customers. We look forward to sharing our passion for Canada by rail when you travel with us...
Pricing Details - Across Canada - Toronto - Jasper - Vancouver
|2017||Per Person Double (Train Cabin for 2)||Single (Train Cabin -1)|
|Jan 1 - March 30 **||$2,295.00||$2,995.00|
|April 1-30 **||$2,445.00||$3,145.00|
|May 1 - May 30||$2,595.00||$3,045.00|
|June 1 - Oct 15||$3,195.00||$3,645.00|
|Oct 16- Dec 30 **||$2,295.00||$2,995.00|
|Jan 1- Apr 30, 2018**||$2,395.00||$3,095.00|
PRESTIGE CLASS (ONBOARD THE TRAIN) |- Per Person Double
|JAN 1 - APR 30 ** - $4,295.00|
|MAY 1- MAY 30 - $4,695.00|
|JUNE 1 -OCT 15 - $4,995.00|
CONTACT US to RESERVE your space by EMAIL or if In North America, call us toll free 1-866-704-3528
There may be a $50 (Per Person) surcharge for the hotel in Toronto during the Toronto International Film Fest from September 8-17, 2017
WINNIPEG STAY ALTERNATIVE: if you prefer a culture and heritage experience other than the settings of the Rocky Mountains in Jasper for 2 nights your package can include 2 nights in the City of Winnipeg (mid-way point of the rail journey) staying at a grand old railway hotel steps away from the train station. You can visit some of the best museums in Canada according to the "Michelin Guide" including The Manitoba Museum or Canadian Museum of Human Rights, Western Canada's French Canadian culture in St. Boniface, Forks National Historic Market for some great shopping, restaurants and more before returning to the train to continue your journey.
** Travel in the off season - Jan 1 - Apr 30 and from Oct 26 - Dec 30 will only have 1 departure per week and feature a 3 night stay in Jasper for a 9 night and 10 day package. These departures, during the off season travelling West begin with your arrival in Toronto on Friday or traveling Eastbound starting on a Monday in Vancouver.
- A $250.00 per person deposit is required to hold space and can be processed with Visa MasterCard or Agency Cheque
- Price above is shown in Canadian Dollars prior to the Canadian Federal 5% sales tax called the GST. Trips that take place where HST is applicable will be applied to your invoice.
- Additional pre-tour and post tour hotel stays can be included.
- Balance of tour cost to be paid 60 days before your departure.
- Not be responsible for late bookings if train or hotel space is sold out, highly recommend reserving early guaranteeing your travel dates.
- Complete itineraries and travel information kit featuring hotel check inn vouchers will not be sent in advance.
Questions can be answered by emailing us or call toll free 1-866-704-3528